- Mastermind group. The most successful entrepreneurs are always searching, always aiming to improve. Mastermind sessions offer SJWIB members support and an invaluable sounding board to solve myriad business issues. At one of the group’s two monthly meetings, one member will be the focus of a confidential discussion. The member shares her business dilemma or question, and the group helps her break down obstacles, find clarity and, ultimately, pursue a course of action. Members have drawn on the expertise of their SJWIB colleagues to guide them through everything through making tweaks to launching new businesses.
- Exclusivity. SJWIB accepts only one member per industry. The policy fosters more open discussions, since members don’t have to worry about sharing information with competitors. And there’s no vying for referrals with those in the same field.
- Referrals. While many networking groups promise referrals, few offer the chance to know fellow members so well. The ability to develop relationships translates into sincere, enthusiastic referrals. Plus, members routinely use one another’s services.
- Exposure. Business owners immediately elevate their profile by joining SJWIB. Each member has a full bio posted on the group’s website, and access to post on all SJWIB social-media pages. Members also will have a presence at any SJWIB events.
- Welcoming vibe. Meetings are held in a warm, highly professional environment. SJWIB invites guests to experience a meeting, and members and newcomers alike are encouraged to share what’s new in their businesses.
- Learning opportunities. SJWIB welcomes guest speakers but also recognizes opportunities for members to educate one another. For example, members who have taken high-level marketing courses have shared their materials with the group. Also, members hold mini workshops based on their own areas of expertise – accounting, financial planning, coaching and more.
- Frequency = focus. The group meets twice a month, which helps members keep their business strategies on the front burner.
- Exceptionally reasonable investment. Members can take advantage of all the benefits mentioned here for a $125 annual fee, amounting to less than $11 a month.